Tuesday, April 17, 2012

EOC Ch1: Discussion Questions



1. What is fashion branding? How does branding establish a product's identity?

     Fashion branding is how a consumer perceives a particular brand with a product or service that the company offers. Fashion branding is also very competitive that targets consumers with products, advertising, and promotions, so that the consumer can identify in a different way. Again, a way to establish a products identity is to advertise to a particular type of consumer that will be loyal to your product as well as your service.

2. How are companies able to sell items like T-shirts, jeans, and sunglasses at high prices? Can you give an example of another item sold in the luxury market that might not have been traditionally perceived as a luxury good?

    T-shirts, jeans, and sunglasses can be sold anywhere at a normal price, because they are simple things that you need and can get for everyday use. Unless you want to be unique and get items where the fabric quality is better and the construction of the garment is better. By far companies like to sell high price sunglasses and etc. by being unique and creating different products for that particular consumer. It also helps them appear unique in the eyes of the consumer.


3. Race, ethnicity, religion, ans sexual orientation play a part in the purchasing decisions. Identify three consumer groups that are different from you. In your opinion, do they differ from each other with regard to fashions and the types of brands they purchase? Why or why not?

    Three different consumer groups from me would be Women, Straight men, and children. For women there are different things that a women can purchase that I can't for myself. For example make-up, although I use face wash and other beauty products to keep my face from looking horrible. I still wouldn't be able to go to the store and buy make-up, bras, and panties.
   Straight men have a totally different concept from what I purchase. Some tend to purchase items such as Oakley sunglasses, shorts, and a tank. While I prefer something more elaborate when going out, going to school or hanging out with a group of friends. If I wore shorts and a tank, those would be my lazy clothes otherwise for straight men, it's their everyday wear.
   Children is a whole different ball game. I don't think I would wear anything or purchase anything in the children section because that's not what I would like to purchase on a regular daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment